Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Check yes or no

Do you remember when you were in Jr. High and notes would be passed around the classroom that read something like this: "will you go with me ,yes or no, circle one"? And everyone in the room knew who the kids were that would participate in the passing of the note and who would not. I (sorry, mom) was a passer, and in many cases, the person for whom said note was intended. Funny thing is, there was always a name on the outside of the piece of paper so we would know who it went to, but the person who wrote it didn't put THEIR name on it because if it got taken up, they didn't want to be the one getting in trouble. I think there were times when I actually walked out of classrooms wondering who I said 'yes' to.

Ahhh.....true love.

Anyway, what sent me down this memory lane was a text that Aaron received this Sunday in church. He was sitting beside me and pulled out his phone because it had vibrated. The text read "Please tell me who you like, please, please. I promise I won't tell anyone." He showed me the text and I didn't recognize the number at the top so I asked him who it was. He told me the girls name, and then POINTED TO WHERE SHE WAS SITTING IN THE CHURCH BUILDING. OK, so we passed notes in church sometimes as kids, and I guess this is the modern-day note passing, but still, I was shocked. And even though I was upset that he had even given this girl his number, much less getting texts from her during church, I had to smile a little bit because of the fact that she said that she wouldn't tell anyone if he would just tell her, but there she sat, amongst several of her little girlfriends, passing her phone around and giggling about what she wrote, right in front of Aaron.

Oh, to be 10 again.

After church, I made him text the girl back in a text that went something like 'my mom won't let me text you anymore so please delete my number'. I know. I'm so mean. But from what I understand, it's my job as a mother, and I intend on doing it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment