Saturday, March 19, 2011

Soccer Time!

Today marked the beginning of our spring soccer games. I LOVE that my boys play soccer. When Aaron first wanted to get into it a few years ago, Robbie and I were not really happy about it. He had played baseball since he was 4, and his last year of playing he was selected to be on the all-stars team. He was just a natural. But unfortunately he didn't like it much. Since he has started soccer, we have all grown to love the sport. Aaron is just as good at soccer as he was baseball, and I feel it's a much more laid back sport than baseball. After hearing the stories my baseball mom friends tell, I'm proud to be a soccer mom!

This is Austin's first year to play, and Robbie and I are the coaches. I know. What were we thinking?!  He has a team of 6 boys, ranging from age 4 to age 6. We have had a few practices going into the game today, but we didn't have a clue what to expect from our first game.

Robbie took this of us just before the games

My boys- ready to play ball!

Austin with his teammates, Thomas and Jaiden


Austin's game turned out to be so much fun this morning! We actually won the game and Robbie and I had a blast coaching it! All of those little kids running around not really knowing what they are supposed to do is SO CUTE! So even though we didn't really want to, I'm so glad that we ended up getting to coach his team this year. I really think we enjoyed the game more than the parents that were sitting on the sidelines today because we were up running with the kids and cheering them on the entire time! So fun!


This was during Aaron's game. He's waiting on the ball to come to him.

Aaron has basically been on the same team for a few years now. He has an AWESOME coach and a great group of kids to play with. His team was undefeated last fall! Today the game ended in a tie, 2-2. They have several new boys that have not played before, but it was a good game to watch. Have I mentioned how much I enjoy soccer?
Austin had a blast playing with a little girl he knew during Aaron's game. :)
So this was our Saturday morning. We were out at the soccer fields for over 3 hours this morning. You would think we would be worn out after all of that, but our day was just getting started! Saturday afternoon is going to get its own post...soon to come!

And no, I still haven't had the pleasure of meeting little Miss Alaina. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment