Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I don't understand

As I was driving down the road this morning, I couldn't help but wonder why there are so many lanes closed for road construction when there is not any actual construction going on there. I can't stand it when there are barrels in one lane for miles and no evidence of any kind of construction taking place any time soon. Are they not aware that there is probably a reason there is more than one lane needed on that road? Do they not know that when I'm in a hurry, I'm almost guaranteed to get behind the person who goes 20 mph the entire time and I can't pass because of their barrels?  I don't understand. Which led me to thinking about other things I don't understand. They are completely random thoughts, so I think I'll just do a bullet list for this.

So here it is, some things I just don't understand:

  • why I always put off doing taxes til April
  • why doctor's need to know ALL of your medical history just to treat you for a sore throat
  • how I ever made it without my iphone
  • why junk food tastes so much better than healthy food
  • why we don't appreciate our parents until we become parents ourselves
  • why family members can't just get along
  • why I ALWAYS have to tell Austin what's on the kids menu at Tamollys, even though we eat there every week
  • why God chose to bless me with the family, friends, and things that He has
  • why we always want more than we can afford
  • why I have to worry about acne and wrinkles at the same time
  • why I have to hear a song 3 to 6 times before I can decide if I like it
  • why my husband loves me as much as he does
  • why I can't make up my mind about having bangs
  • why Americans make such bad political decisions
  • why my spell check is not working (which explains any misspelled words in this post)
So there it is. There is SO much more, but these are the things that I've realized in the past hour that I just don't get.

No comments:

Post a Comment