Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weather, Sticks and Grout Color

I feel like this blog post is going to be all over the place, so I apologize in advance. I just have lots of thoughts going on in my head and don't even know where to start.

Oh wait. Yes I do. Let's start with this:



Can I just say that I wasn't sure cooler weather was even capable of coming back any time soon. There's just something about temps over 100 that makes this girl unhappy. And since we were going on the 684th day in a row of temps that high (ok, not really, but y'all know that's what it felt like), the last few days have been a welcomed relief. I may actually start running again.

Except maybe now it would be too cool. I guess you could call me a fair-weather exerciser, and the weather is rarely fair around these parts.

Anyhoo, it was actually cool enough yesterday evening for me to want to clean house. And no, I don't mean the house I am currently living in. I have completely given up on this house. We are out of room in this house, so cleaning really just becomes rearranging to try to make things fit better, and honestly I'd rather spend my time watching HGTV and yelling at the people for spending $500,000 on an 1100 sq ft condo that is a fixer-upper. Seriously? Where do these people live?!

Obviously the house cleaning last night took place in the new house. I do not understand why contractors can't come with their own trash bags to keep their trash in. I should not be responsible for their empty cigarette cartons, their dip spit cup, or their half-drank Dr. Peppers. This is my house people, not a landfill. Find a trash for goodness sake. And try picking up some healthier habits while you're at it.

Since we've been living in ridiculous temperatures with no rain for the past few months, our pond is VERY low. And I've always been bothered by the amount of sticks coming up out of the water in our pond, so Robbie hired a few of his friends to cut the sticks off while the water is still low. There is not enough money in the world that would make me want to do this.



But I'm thankful that there are people in this world that are not as bothered by poisonous snakes swimming toward you as I am. I know that once we get some rain, our pond will look better than it ever has, so thank you to Randy and Cody for risking your lives for us to have a pretty pond. Not sure it's worth risking your life over, but whatever floats your boat. Although, in this case, I feel the boat was a little unnecessary seeing as how they chose to not stay in it.

As far as house progress, not a whole lot since I last posted. The brick layer is close to being done with the brick part, but he still has a lot of stone that he has to lay. And it would help if we had the stone in, but maybe it will be here this week so he can get done and get out. Brad (from Howtex, who I HIGHLY recommend) and I spent more time than I care to admit looking at this picture-


trying to decide what color the grout is in this picture. This is the stone color I have picked out to go on our fireplace, chimney, and around the 22 beams we have going around our porch. I know it sounds like I'm being picky, but the grout color makes all the difference in the overall look and this is the look I want. I'm not sure what we even decided, but I have faith that Brad will make the right decision on this and my stone will be beautiful.

Or at least it will be done, which has recently become my goal.

 I JUST WANT IT DONE.

I know, patience is a virtue, and I'm trying. But I would really like for all of my worker people to realize that doing it right IS important to me, but really, I JUST WANT IT DONE.

I'm excited about getting to spend the day with my mom today on a road trip to Dallas. We are going to visit my Aunt Ruby and pick up some chairs from my birth mom in Mesquite. I know we will have a good time today. Time alone with her is rare and precious.

A short school week, a road trip with my mom, and soccer practice that I can actually make it through without breaking a sweat...sounds like it'll be a great week!

I do feel like I need to say that I have several people that I am close to going through very hard times right now. And even though I have all of this good and positive stuff going on in my life, I just want y'all to know that your problems and circumstances are weighing heavy on my heart. I am here for you and I am praying for you. I love all of my peeps and want nothing but happiness for you in your lives, and if there is anything I can do to help, just name it.

Y'all have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment