Monday, August 29, 2011

Women of Faith 2011

This weekend was one that I will not soon forget. I went to Dallas with a group of beautiful Christian women to the Women of Faith conference at the American Airlines center. I feel like I just came back from a week at church camp. And if you ever went to church camp, you are familiar with the 'spiritual high' I'm talking about. I'm so thankful that these women talked me into going to this with them several months ago.



I went into this conference not knowing exactly what to expect. I knew that there would be some speakers and some singers, but that was about the extent of my knowledge. When I got there I heard stories from women that went through very hard times in their life, and they let go and let God lead them out of those times. It takes such a strong and courageous person to be willing to surrender it all and give it to God in the hardest season of life, and we had the privilege of listening to woman after woman talk about the journeys they have made it through because they leaned on God to get them through it.

Part of the gang at PF Chengs

I can only pray that when I'm faced with everyday problems, or even if I have some sort of tragedy in my life that I will be able to step out of the way and give it to the only One that can make it better. Bad things are going to happen. It's life. But it's how we choose to handle those things that says what kind of person we truly are. God knows our hearts and He knows our struggles, but He is holding us in His hands when everything in life seems to be falling apart. And even in those dark times, we need to praise Him, because He will get us through.
Kristie and I

I know that all of the women who were able to go to the conference this weekend were somehow affected by something that was said. But I was able to witness the power of God within my own circle of friends at church yesterday morning. One friend was asking for forgiveness, the other was making the choice to forgive. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. God has been working on these women's hearts for months, and lots of people have been praying about the situation. But for them to surrender it all to Him, it moved me to tears. God was right there in the middle of it all with a big 'ol smile on his face. It was absolutely amazing and I was blessed by just being a part of it. One of my favorite sayings of the conference was this: God created you with a will that is stronger than your emotions. It took a while for that to sink in for me, but it's so true! I love that!

 Kristi and I


Over the past few weeks, I have made some new friends and reconnected with some of my old friends, and I know that God has put them in my life for a purpose. I just feel overwhelmingly happy, blessed, and thankful for all that we have going on right now. One of the things that was talked about this weekend is that change is hard. But change can be good. And sometimes a change is needed in order to grow and be better people.
Melyssa, me, and Sara

I know that I am just one person in a world of billions, and I know that I am one little spec on earth compared to all of the stars, planets, and galaxies, but I know that I am important enough to God for Him to send His son just for me. And I know that He wants me to spend eternity with Him. And I know that His love for me is unlike any other love I've ever known. I know that God has a plan for me and I pray that I can stay out of His way and let Him do His thing.

Singers Sandy Patty, Amy Grant, and Mandisa

Because He certainly knows and understands the big picture waaay better than I ever will.

No comments:

Post a Comment