Thursday, September 15, 2011

House Progress

When everyone told me that the house goes up really fast in the first month and then slows way down after that, I thought 'well not MY house'. Let's just say I was a little overly optimistic. So if you are one of the ones that told me that, I apologize for the 'I know more than you know' eye roll. Apparently you knew what you were talking about.

Back of House


Ok, enough of admitting I was wrong about something. (Why does that almost HURT to do that anyway?)


Stairs and Kids Rooms/Bathrooms

So here's where we are on our house. The heat/air and electricity is all done, which is a good thing because I'm not sure those walls could hold any more wires. The brick has all been laid on the sides and back of the house. The painter has finished with everything he had to paint on the outside of the house.

And while we had a framer out here, we threw in a little dock project for our pond, too. The bottom part of the dock floats on the water, so it will rise and fall with the water level, which is a good thing right now because as low as our pond is now, it would be standing several feet above it.
The boys on the floating part

It will be really nice to have this, and even though our framer wasn't sure about what he was doing with this, I think he has done an awesome job with it.

I was standing on the floating part here, and the boys had crossed the bridge to go back up to the stationary part.

I found a color collection book at Sherwin Williams that is put out by HGTV that is called Rustic Refined. I'm going to try to use these colors all through my house. I love them all. I didn't want to do brick on the front of the house, so we went with the concrete board that needed to be painted, so I chose a color called Olive Grove for the outside of the house. I love the way it turned out.

Front of House - I think it was too bright outside when I took this one.


Another thing I love in houses is arched doorways. Or arched beams. Or really anything arched. Except for windows. Strangely I do not care for arched windows. Or maybe it's just the type of window treatments that you have to get with those. Anyway, here is one of my arches.



Next week we will have Sheetrock going up and our brick layer will begin laying the stone. And hopefully in the next 3 weeks our cabinets and trim will all get started. We've been hoping that we will be able to move into the house by Thanksgiving, but when I said that in front of a guy from Howtex, he just shook his head no.

To which I just rolled my eyes.

And hope it won't lead to another apology later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment