Friday, July 6, 2012

Our Bathrooms...

Today I'm continuing with our home tour with Kelly's Korner, and the topic is bathrooms.

We have 3 1/2 bathrooms in our house, but the master is my favorite, so I'll start there.

We went with poured marble (with a granite look) for the counter tops in our bathroom. The most important thing to me when I was working on the house plan for the bathroom was to make sure I had a vanity where I could sit and put my makeup on. Call me crazy, but it really bothers me to stand while applying makeup and so I LOVE my vanity space!

And since I wanted to have room for my makeup and hair products in front of me, my cabinet builder suggested that we put my sink over to the side, which is a little different because I don't have a mirror over my sink, but all I really use it for is brushing my teeth. And I already know what I look like while I'm brushing my teeth. And if I just really wanted to watch myself I could turn a little to the left and I could see. But we've been in this house for 5 months and I don't think that's happened yet.

This drawer is one of my favorite things about my bathroom. I am not a fan of cords everywhere, and who wants to unplug and put away their hair dryer everyday? This is one thing I truly appreciate about my house daily.

I love that some of these drawers still don't have anything in them!

We have a pocket door separating the sink/closet area from the tub, shower, and toilet area.

The first thing you see when you enter the second area is this beautiful mirror that I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby.

To the left of that is our whirlpool bathtub. I love this tub. A lot.

Above the tub is our built-in towel holder. To me, rolling towels is much faster than folding them, and I think this is a pretty way to store them.

And this is our shower. It is about 5 feet long so a shower door is not needed. One of my least favorite things to clean is a shower door, and we have none in this house! I also absolutely love the built-in seat.

You know when you're building a house, a husband and wife can look at things very differently. Robbie REALLY wanted to have a TV in the bathroom, and I did not. But he won. And it actually turned out to be pretty neat because the TV rotates so that you can watch it while you're in the shower, in the tub, or on the toilet. Austin loves taking a bath in there and watching 'Thomas the tank engine' on the television while he soaks, and Robbie turns on Fox news while he is getting ready.

And this is our toilet. Nothing fancy. Just a toilet.

The next bathroom is our little 1/2 bath that is under our stairway. This is the bathroom that most of our guests use, so even though it's little I wanted it to be cute.

This is another mirror I got on clearance at Hobby Lobby. I really like the way it looks, but it is SO hard to clean!

And I got these pictures at Kirkland's on sale.

Each of the boys have their own bathroom upstairs. They are pretty much the same in the way they are laid out.

For Austin's bathroom, I found a shower curtain that matches his diamond-plate border that's in his bedroom.

The pocket door goes to his closet.

For Aaron's bathroom, we continued the hunting theme from his bedroom.

I got almost everything in his bathroom from Cabela's and Bass Pro. And sadly, none of it was on sale or clearance.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of our bathrooms! Y'all have a great weekend!!



4 comments:

  1. I love the shower with no door! Shower curtains constantly try to eat me when I shave my legs but shower doors are a pain to clean - this is the perfect solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the towel holder. Such a unique look and not only does it look nice it serves a purpose.

    And just letting you know I'm stopping by from Kelly's Korner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the outlet in the drawer! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the mirror in the half bath, the length of your shower (so cool that you don't need a door for it!) and the towel rack shaped like an X. That is pretty unique!

    Can you tell I'm behind on reading the SUYL posts? And I'm interested (or obsessed!) enough to want to read every single one?!?!

    ReplyDelete