Monday, July 30, 2012

5 Days Out...

Well. From what I am told, I no longer have any baby-making parts left in my body. I had a total hysterectomy last Wednesday, spent one night in the hospital, and haven't done much of anything since (except walk from the bed to the chair with a pitstop at the bathroom every now and then).

Exciting times. Let me tell ya... 

My sleep schedule has been the biggest issue I've had since I've been home. You know when you wake up and see the clock say 11:00 and you take another minute or so to wonder if that would be 11 am or 11 pm? Yeah. That's where I am right now.

I really haven't had much pain at all, but when I have it's mostly been in my back. I was able to have the laproscopic surgery done, and really it's been a cake walk after having 2 c-sections. I did not expect to feel so well so quickly, but really, I feel pretty normal, and actually a little bored.

(Actually a LOT bored today because I'm home alone and am not allowed to do anything even though I feel fine and Robbie has to work late so I will more than likely not even see another human being for the next 24 hours.)

(But I've taken my TIVO from only having 2% free to now having 40% free, so technically I have accomplished something.)

(Yay, me!)

Robbie has been absolutely amazing. Even the night nurse at the hospital told me I've got a good man. If he even thought I needed something, he was up trying to get it for me. Since we've been home, he's done all the cleaning, cooking, laundry, and taking care of the kids. He even cooked some chicken in the smoker for me and made me some chicken salad for when I'm home alone and need an easy lunch.

I used to think that he had no idea what all I did around here and would never be able to make it without me, but now that he's doing it (and doing it REALLY WELL, I might add), I think I may need to step up my game.

I am married to superman. Be jealous.

As far as the kids go, my mom had them the first few days, Robbie kept up with them over the weekend at our house, and today they are at Robbie's parents house in Hope and will spend the night with them tonight. I miss having them here, but I would try to do too much if I were here alone with them, so I'm very thankful for my parents and Rob's parents for offering to keep them whenever we ask. It has made my recovery very easy.

I have only left my house 2 times since I got home from the hospital Thursday. One was to go to my nephews birthday party Saturday night, and the other was to go to church last night. It feels good to get out of the house, but both times it wore me out. I think I even experienced my first hot flash (Hello menopause!) after church last night. I was standing in the foyer talking to some friends when I realized I was suddenly sweating and felt the need to step into a refrigerator to have any chance of cooling off. When we got in the car I turned the air on high and down to 60 degrees and Robbie looked at me like I was crazy. A few minutes later, I was fine. That was wild.

I have chosen to take a hormone replacement (which I started the day after surgery), and that hot flash has really been the only sign of menopause I have had. Emotionally, I have been fine. I have cried a few times. But hey (in my best Uncle Si voice), have you watched any of the Olympics? I mean, really. If you can sit there and watch Jordan Wieber's hopes of an individual Olympic medal get crushed because of one step out of bounds and not have a tear for her, or see sweet little Gabby, whose single momma has given everything she had to make her little girl's dream come true and then watch her earn her spot for a chance at the gold and NOT cry, then you're the one with an issue, my friend.

Seriously though, I am overwhelmed by all of the texts, calls, visits, cards, and prayers over the past week. I really have the best husband, family, and friends a girl could ask for, and that is something I do not take for granted, so thank you.

I think now I'll see if I can go from 40% free on my TIVO to 60%. This is a task that has never been accomplished in this house, but I believe I can do it. It will take a lot of perseverance, but I do believe it can be done.

Y'all have a great one :)





No comments:

Post a Comment