Sunday, January 8, 2012

House update and my boys

Do you ever feel like your mind is going in 100 different directions and no matter what you do you just can't seem to fully focus on one thing until you move on to the next? A good example of that is just within the last 5 minutes that I've been sitting here with the computer in my lap, I've told my dog told to quit licking her foot, I've told Austin that the garage door openers are not toys and to find something different to entertain himself with, I've thought about the chalkboard that I painted yesterday that is still sitting in the middle of my kitchen floor even though it's already dry, and I've thought about how someone around here should really do some laundry today. And seeing as how I am the only person in this house that knows how to use the washer and dryer, I guess that would be me.

But I'm just not feeling laundry today.

I think maybe we can all make it one more day.

Anyway, I think the main thing that has my head spinning (which could explain this headache) is that Robbie came in from work this past Wednesday and announced that we could possibly move into our new house next weekend.

Next weekend.

That is only 6 days away.

And I haven't even gotten all of the Christmas stuff out of our house yet. And I don't think I've packed even one box. And I have projects I want to complete before we move in. And we have furniture that needs to be delivered. And our cook top has been back-ordered. And, and, and.....

I need some advil.

And a nap.

Since we haven't sold our trailer house yet (and yes, it is for sale and will go to the first person that says they want it), we decided we wouldn't get in a huge hurry to get everything moved. I would like to take it slow and get everything organized as we are moving in. I feel like we are living in complete chaos and disorganization right now, so I am not about to start just throwing things in the new house and saying I'll organize it later. I will do it slowly and get it right as I go so I won't have to reorganize later.

Sounds good right?

Maybe we'll stick to that plan.

I haven't taken a lot of pictures of the house lately, but here are a few that I took this week.

I think I'm in love with our tile!

This week is the big finishing week. The cabinet people will come and put all the doors on and the hardware up. The sound system guys will hang our TV's and get all of that set up. The plumber will put in our sinks, toilets, and other necessity's that require water to go through a pipe. The blinds will all be hung. The painters will do their touch-ups. The house will get cleaned from top to bottom.

So yeah, big week ahead for house.

The past few weeks, Robbie and I have been crazy busy with all things house, and I feel a little like we've been neglecting the kids. But somehow that seems to have helped their relationship with each other because they have spent a lot of time playing outside together jumping on the trampoline, going fishing, and riding scooters. I know they are just as ready for us to get finished and moved into the house as Robbie and I are, but I think that we are all relieved that there is an end in sight.

Last night I had a dream about Austin. I dreamed that he was diagnosed with a very aggressive cancer and the facility that was treating him didn't allow us to be there with him. So we were in a completely different state as our 6 year old baby that was enduring cancer treatments alone. I was so sad when I woke up and I couldn't wait to see Austin and give him a great big hug this morning. 

This morning in church Austin wanted to sit in my lap with his head lying on my shoulder. He had his little arms wrapped around my neck and was playing with my hair as I was singing about how great our God is. I closed my eyes right then and prayed for all of the kids that are battling cancers and diseases and for the parents that want so badly to take their pain away from them. I can not even fathom what that must be like. And I thanked God for the health of my boys and for all of the blessings we have in our lives. After Austin left to go to Discovery Hour this morning, Aaron scooted really close to me and he grabbed my hand so he could show me that his hand is as big as mine, and again I had to thank God for allowing Robbie and I the opportunity to have these boys and to watch them as they grow. At one point we didn't even know if we would be able to have children, so even though I've got SO much on my mind these days, I'm so very thankful that I have things happen (even if it is a bad dream) that stop me in my tracks and make me remember the ones around me that really matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment