Wednesday, November 23, 2011

To Austin, on your 6th

Dear Austin,


I just can't believe that you are 6 years old today. You have been such a blessing in my life from the day you got here. Daddy and I really didn't think that we were going to be able to have another child after we had Aaron, but you were prayed for so much that God decided to bless us with you.


You are, and have always been, so fun to be around. I love that you just say what's on your mind. Here are just a few things that you've said that made me smile:


  • To Grandma: "I didn't know your hair would blow in the wind!"
  • To the lady at the bank that had just said a word that you are not allowed to say "My momma says that's a bad word, so you shouldn't say it".
  • To me while shopping in the mall: 
Me: "Austin you are driving me crazy"
You: No mom, you are driving ME crazy"
Me: "Oh really?"
You:" Let's just call it a tie"
  • To a lady waiting on an elevator at the doctors office:
You: "So did you see the doctor today?"
Her: "Yes, I did."
You: "Is everything ok?"
Her: "Yes, I think everything will be fine."
 (elevator comes and lady gets on)
You: "Have a good day!"
Her (smiling): "You too!"
  • To me while riding 4-wheelers:
You: "momma, I want to take a rocket ship to heaven so I can see God"
Me: "You can't get to God in a rocket ship. You have to live like God wants you to and when you die you get to see Him"
You: "Well, that's not very awesome. I think I'm gonna have to ask daddy about that."
  • A lot of times at dinner in the evenings you ask everyone, "so how was your day today?"
  • When you used to take naps I would lay down with you and you would say,"so what do you want to talk about today?"
  • Last week you opened my car door for me and I didn't say thank you and you said "And what do you say??"

One of my favorite things about you is your outgoing personality. You love everyone you meet, and everyone that is your age is instantly your best friend. I think it's really neat that before school every morning you go out to the new house and tell all of the house workers good morning, and when you get home from school they all ask you about your day and ask if you stayed on green. You can carry on a conversation with anyone at anytime. You have a very pure and trusting heart. You are not afraid of much at all.

You love your brother and would do anything in the world for him. If Aaron has a friend over at the house, you think you are just as big as they are and try to hang out with them. And if they won't let you in the room with them, you will sit outside and listen to them. You just want to be close and be as involved as you can.

You do really well with any changes that come your way, which is the complete opposite as your brother. You do really well with just going with the flow and you somehow seem to have a way about you that can turn even bad situations fun in some way.

I have loved watching you grow for the last 6 years and I can't wait to see what the future holds for you. I know you will do great things! I love you so very much, Austin Lane.

No comments:

Post a Comment