Saturday, November 5, 2011

JJ comes for a visit

This week my brother JJ, his wife Heather, and their daughter Kaitlyn came to spend a few days with us. This was my first time to get to meet Heather and Kaitlyn and I am SO glad they got to come. They got here Tuesday around lunch time so I met them for lunch and then headed back to our house. Kaitlyn is four years old and she is such a little doll. I couldn't wait for Austin to get out of school so he could meet her because I had a feeling they would be fast friends. They went with me to pick the boys up from school, and when I went in to get Austin, Kaitlyn went in with me. I introduced her to Austin and he grabbed her hand and held it until we got back to the car. It was so sweet. And the two of them only separated for school and bed the rest of the time they were here. They were so very cute together and got along really well.
Cousins Kaitlyn and Austin, playing in the sand

We stayed around the house a lot because there is still lots of decisions to be made on our new house and I like to stay close when we have workers here. I did take them to the post office on State Line and let them put a foot in Texas and the other in Arkansas. That's the only 2 states Kaitlyn has ever been to, so that was really neat. What's funny though, is that I knew that sign was down there and have lived in the Texarkana area most of my life, but this was the first time I actually saw and took pictures by the sign.
JJ, Heather, and Kaitlyn in two states at one time

How cute is she?!

JJ is a hunter and he brought his bow and arrow so he could practice in his spare time. When Aaron saw this, he came in the house and got his. Aaron is a lot better with a gun than he is with a bow, but JJ was very patient with him and helped him out with it. I was called into the new house several times while all of this was going on because I had some decisions to make about doors and cabinets, but when I came out one time JJ and Aaron had put down their bows and were throwing a baseball to each other. All of this while Kaitlyn and Austin were in a sand pile playing beautifully together and when I wasn't talking to my cabinet guy, Heather and I got to sit and visit a lot. It was awesome.
JJ and Aaron with their bows

JJ surprised me. I didn't know he was that good, but the boy hit his target almost every time.

Some other things we did while they were here was go fishing (in our pitiful excuse of a pond), jump on the trampoline, and ride 4-wheelers. Kaitlyn loved the trampoline and I think she would've slept on it if we would've let her. Heather felt that way about our dock. I brought up the point that we tend to have snakes around the pond, but I'm not sure that fact would keep her from sleeping out there.
They think they're just fishin....
Kaitlyn said "Aunt Delisa, your dog LOVES me". My response "how could he not?!"
Kaitlyn was determined to find the perfect stick to dig in the mud with. She spent a lot of time at the edge of the pond.

I feel so, so blessed to be able to get to know this side of my family. I never dreamed that I would be hanging out with my birth fathers sons. Not in a million years did I think it would ever happen. I get along so well with both of my "new" brothers, Heather, and Kaitlyn, and I'm so happy that they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment