Wednesday, October 12, 2011

To Aaron, on your 11th

Dear Aaron,

Eleven years ago today was a day that changed my life forever. Daddy and I had been married for 3 years and we so desperately wanted a baby. I was working full time at Southern Clinic and you made that as hard as you could for me. You made me throw up almost every day of that entire pregnancy, you gave me raging heartburn, and you made my blood pressure go up and my feet to swell. You weren't supposed to be born until October 24th, but because you were ready to make your presence known, you got here on October 12th.
Riding 4-wheelers a few days ago

When I saw your sweet little face, I forgot all about how miserable I was over the past 9 months.  You were an answer to many, many prayers. You were a healthy and perfect baby boy. I cried many tears of joy just because daddy and I finally got our little miracle. You were loved long before you got here.

And I am just as proud of you now as I was that day. You are in 5th grade now and I love the person that you have become and the man that you are becoming. You always put a lot of thought into your actions, which I believe will benefit you greatly now and in the future. You choose your friends wisely. When I leave a decision up to you, more often than not you choose the way I would choose for you. You are so mature for your age. You're very smart, not only book smart but smart with situations you are faced with. You should be very proud of yourself for the person that you are.

This text from you last weekend when you were spending the night with friends made me smile. So sweet.


One of my favorite things to do is to watch you play soccer. Your thought process on the field amazes me. Somehow you keep your mind about 30 seconds ahead of where that ball is and you are a good judge at where you need to be so that you can get a good shot at the ball. When you run you are so graceful it almost seems effortless. You have always played well with your teammates and tried to help the ones that need a little extra help. Last year at one of your games, you had been playing almost the entire time on a very hot day, and when Jeff let you have a break to get a drink and sit a while, you chose to use that time to help another child that really needed you. You've got such a good heart and it comes out time and time again while you are playing soccer.


People keep reminding me that you are only 2 years away from being a teenager and only 5 years away from driving. Personally, I don't really like hearing that because it's just a reminder of how fast time goes by. But at the same time, I am not worried at all about it. You keep showing me me daily that you make good decisions for yourself. You are very thoughtful in weighing your options. You surround yourself with people that are good influences on you. And you've been driving well since you got that little jeep when you were around 2. You have always been (even as a baby) very coordinated and a natural at most things that require coordination. I pray that you will continue to make good choices as you get older. The friends that you choose, the girlfriends that you choose, and the decisions that you make when daddy and I are not around are going to be a very important shaper in your life, so please choose wisely.

I have really enjoyed watching you grow over the past 11 years, and I can't wait to see what the next 11 years holds for you. I love you so very much.

Happy Birthday!!

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment