Friday, October 7, 2011

Life as we know it at the moment

A few days ago, my birth-father made a comment about how busy I always am. My first thought was, no, I don't think I am. But then when I think about what our schedule is like, I guess I am a pretty busy girl these days. During the day I work on getting things done for the new house, and in the evenings we're either at soccer practice, church, or somewhere between it all. I bought my car 8 months ago with about 75 miles on it, and I'm currently sitting at around 25,000 miles. In my defense, we live about 30 minutes away from town and there are very few days (if any) that we don't have to go to town for something. Most days we probably go more than once. It's just how it seems to be working out lately.

As far as the house this week, I finally picked out the tile I wanted to use in our bathroom, and as I type right now it is being installed into our shower. And so far I really like it, so I will go ahead and take full credit for picking it out. (Because if it were really bad, I would totally blame it the lady at the tile shop.) Our Sheetrock is also all up and textured, which makes it really difficult for me to not go out there with a paint brush and get to painting on it all.
The tile is laid, and will be grouted next week.

Another shot of our shower. The grout is going to be dark, so it will be beautiful when finished.

This is the entrance into the game room off of the living room.

This is a shot from the living room.

And because I am SO over carpet, there will not be any carpet anywhere in the house, unless you count rugs. Which I guess is technically carpet, but if I get tired of a rug I can roll it up and throw it out. If I had installed carpet, I would think about how much I hated it for years before I would actually do anything about it. So I'm thinking this was the right choice for us. Although it leaves me with more tile decisions to come, but I think I have a few weeks for that.

A few days ago I was looking on Craigslist and saw a coffee table at a resale shop here in town that I knew I wanted to look at. It actually looked a lot like one I had looked at in the Ashley store not long ago that was over $300. This table was handmade, rustic, and one of a kind, which fit all three of my favorite things when buying furniture. It also has lots of storage, which is always a good thing. And it was advertised for only $75, which meant that I could more than likely bring it home for closer to $65, which I think is a STEAL for well-made furniture. Here it is:


It is now sitting in our storage with the rest of our things for the house.

 I'm getting very anxious about getting everything in the house. It's so hard to be patient right now. Next week our cabinet guy (Dennis Salisbury, one the THE best around) will start on all of the cabinets and trim work, and he will take around a month to get his part done.

 Maybe he won't notice when I start moving in before he gets done.

Or maybe he will. Sadly I do not care at this point.

In other news (because I do still have kids that need attention) Austin had his first dentist appointment this week. Well, I guess technically it was his second, but this was the first one that he actually sat through long enough for them to feel right about charging me for it. I must say, the boy impressed me. He did so well getting his x-rays and cleaning done. I had one of those watery-eyed-proud-momma moments while we were there. He is getting so big it just breaks my heart and makes me proud all at the same time. He did everything he was asked to do without complaining and held his mouth open like a big daddy alligator better than anyone I've ever seen.


I've got to get up from here and finish up my laundry and cleaning so I can go to town and get my errands done, which includes Home Depot, cleaners, Walmart, and the paint store.

Yes, I live such a glamorous life.

This evening Aaron will be in DeKalb for the night and Austin's favorite babysitter (Emily) is coming over to keep him so Robbie and I can go on a date. We've agreed this will be a 'no phone' night, so if you try to call or text either of us tonight and we don't respond, it's because we are intentionally ignoring you. It's just got to be that way every once in a while.

 Y'all have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment