Monday, October 24, 2011

Just thinking about all of this makes me tired

When Aaron had his birthday a few weeks ago, we decided that we were going to forgo the traditional birthday party and just do something small this year. Well, I decided that and no one argued too much about it, so that's what happened. And past weekend was his birthday weekend.

Aaron has some friends from DeKalb (that are brothers) that he doesn't get to see a lot, and he is also friends with their cousin, so he decided that since I was making him choose just a few friends for his get-together, he would choose them. So Friday evening we met the boys and their parents at Pizza Inn and then headed to the LaCrosse Hotel, here in Texarkana. Which has an indoor swimming pool. Which is why he chose that hotel.

Y'all. You can pay $250 for a 3-hour birthday pool party at that place, or you can get a room for a night and spend less than $100.

I'll take all-night for $100, Alex.

Why my mind just went to Jeopardy, I do not know.

Anyway, Friday night the pool was open until 11:00pm, and there are also pool tables, ping-pong tables, and lots of room to play and run. The boys had a blast. I left when it started getting late, and Robbie stayed at the hotel with four boys for the night.

Austin, Ethan, Cole, Dawson, and Aaron

And he didn't even complain. I do love that man.

Saturday was a crazy busy day for us. A quick run-down of what we did: Aaron's soccer game, Walmart trip, Roadhouse for lunch, quick trip to New Boston, Austin's soccer game, Patrick's (Aaron's teammate) birthday party, Shogun's for dinner, and then game night at our old church.

I actually just managed to fit a day that was non-stop for 13 hours into one sentence. I cannot, however, fit all of that into only one picture.

Aaron's friends,  Macey and Emily, came to watch his game Saturday.

The girls squashed a caterpillar during Aaron's game. They were very proud of their accomplishment. Both of these girls are so stinkin cute! Just love them both to pieces.

Ethan, Aaron, and Dawson at Roadhouse for lunch
This was Patrick's birthday party at Borderland games. The boys got to pick out and play with whichever video game in the store they wanted. It was perfect for 11 year old boys!

I was worn completely out, I needed a shower, and my head was itchy from wearing a cap all day, but it was a really good day.
This was Saturday evening at Shogun's. We were all SO tired by then, but this is where Aaron wanted to go eat for his birthday.

Which is why Sunday I may have taken a 3 hour nap.

In my defense, when I laid down I had only planned on sleeping for 1 hour. My intentions were certainly not to sleep all day.

But it sure was a good nap.

Today I guess I had regained my energy, because I decided this morning that I would move Aaron into the same bedroom with Austin so that I can use Aaron's room as storage until we can get moved. Austin's room looked like this when I started:


And this when I finished:


I call that progress.

Just knowing that we will be moving into our new house sometime within the next few months, I just feel like throwing things away and organizing what we're keeping. I do not want to move trash or junk into the new house, and I think I if can just get rid of it all now, it'll make it so much easier when the time comes. And what I really want to do is start packing things in boxes. I've had people tell me that since we live just a few feet from our new house that we should just use an assembly line or wheelbarrows to get everything moved over. But for me, I'm moving. So I need to pack. It's only natural.

Tomorrow I have to have a root canal done, so I'm glad I actually accomplished something today. I've never had to have one before, and the reviews are mixed. Some people talk like it was the worst thing they've been through. Others say it wasn't a big deal at all. I figure I'll fall somewhere around the middle of that. I do not believe that it will be worse than a kidney stone (oh, please don't be worse than a kidney stone!) but I also believe it will be a bigger deal than if I just stayed home and packed boxes.

The jury is out on this for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment