Monday, June 6, 2011

The good. The bad. And the ugly.

THE GOOD: FRIENDS
 
 Friends are one of the things that keep me going through life. Being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years, I just wouldn't make it without them. I don't have work associates that I can talk to or do things with, so I rely on my friends and my church for most of my social life. There are some days that I wouldn't see any other adults if it weren't for lunch with a friend. And lunch with a friend is not just lunch, it is a time to catch up, vent, laugh, complain, and enjoy. Lunch with a good friend.  It's one of my favorite things. I tend to prefer one on one, because that is how you can really get to know another person. And lunch with a friend is how I really got to know my sweet friend, Brandi.

About 2 years ago, Stacey, Brandi, and I decided we were going to start meeting for lunch once a week. I didn't know either girl very well at all, but it's something the 3 of us agreed was important, so we started it. Stacey met with us for several months, but work commitments prevented her from coming after that. But Brandi and I decided to keep meeting every week. That was 2 years ago, and we've been doing it ever since. Oh, if the walls of Tamolly's could only talk....

We also realized about a year ago that we were both behind on our scrapbooks, so we ended up pulling a few all-nighters to work on those together. So fun! And again, not about the scrap booking, but the bonding that took place through that. I believe that there are very few people in the course of life that friends like Brandi come along. We are at the point where nothing even needs to be said, we know what each other are thinking, without a doubt. It is such a blessing to be given someone like that. There are really only a handful of girls that I consider myself to be very close to like this, and I wouldn't trade any of them for the world.



THE BAD: SAYING GOODBYE

Brandi is married to an awesome guy named Todd, and they have 2 beautiful children, Blake and Emma. If you want to know anything about Todd, ask me questions! And the same goes for asking Brandi about Robbie! Haha! Maybe we said too much??  Nah...not possible!

Austin took this pic of Blake at church one night.


Todd has been the youth minister at our church for 3 years now and has been so great for our teens. He is the kind of youth minister that you want your kids to look up to and want to be like. He is such a good daddy to Blake and Emma, also. He has good and creative ideas to do with the kids, and it's so obvious how much they all love him.

Todd's dad has been very sick and is dying of cancer. There are also health problems with Brandi's side of the family. One of the problems with this is that they are from Washington, and that is where all of their family is. And they have reached a time in their life that their family needs them to be there. It was a very hard decision for Todd and Brandi, but they decided they need to go where they are needed most, and right now it is in Washington. Todd also decided he wanted to go back to school while he is there. So Saturday we loaded up their u-haul, and Sunday we said goodbye and got our last hugs in.

Great pic of Todd!


THE UGLY: THEY'RE GONE

I'm calling this "the ugly" because I spent most of Sunday smack dab in the middle of the ugly cry. It's just hard to have a little ladylike cry when it hurts this much. Todd was scheduled to preach Sunday morning for one last time. I can't tell you what in the world his lesson was about (sorry Todd, but I was a little distracted by your crying. OK, and my crying), but I can tell you that he told us straight from his heart that he loved us and will miss us. It was heart-wrenching. Watching them drive out of that parking lot for the last time was like taking the breath out of me. Helllloooo....UGLY CRY!!


I said all of that to say this:
 Todd, the impact you made on our church and our teens will not be forgotten. Thank you for all of the sacrifices you made while you were here. And if you ever decide that you want to move back here, I will happily unload that u-haul singlehandedly (yes, apparently I believe that I am wonder woman), and I will fix your house back up as it was. If things remain as planned at this point, I will pray for you as you go through school and wish you all the luck in the world learning Greek and Hebrew (SO glad it's you and not me)!

Brandi and sweet Emma


And Brandi....

Well, I feel like I could leave it at that.

But I won't. Because that would just be mean. :-)

 I've told you countless times (especially in the past 2 weeks) how I feel about you and how much I love you. That will not change no matter where you live. We have been through too much together to just let it go. I know that we will see each other again, and I will look forward to that until that happens. Thank you for loving and accepting me for who I am (I know that's not easy sometimes), and just allowing me to be me. My everyday life will not be the same without you here.  I miss you already.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I worried about this very thing. If sherry moved any farther I don't know if my ugly cry would ever stop. Prayers to both families as y'all learn to move forward.

    ReplyDelete