Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Momma's boy...

It was 3 weeks ago today that I had my hysterectomy, and in those 3 weeks my kids have gone from Grandma to Memaw and everyone in between so I could have time to recover and rest. Aaron loves being in DeKalb because we have a lot of family there, and he has several friends that he likes to visit, so it's something new and different every day. Austin, on the other hand, does ok being gone for a night or two, but after that he starts missing his momma too much and needs to come home.

I didn't realize how much this time away has been affecting him until this Sunday morning in church. Austin made me keep a hand on him the entire time we were there. At one point I was rubbing his neck while he was writing on paper, and I took my hand off of him and he looked at me and said, "mom, I said don't take your hand off of me." That was really sweet, but made me a little sad because it made me realize he needs more from me than he's been getting the past few weeks, and I knew I was going to be taking him back to my parents house that day because I started work Monday and he couldn't go with me.

Later that day when I told him that he was going to spend a few more days away from me he started crying, but with me starting work on Monday, there was no choice. 

He's such a momma's boy.

And I LOVE IT.

I worked Monday and Tuesday at school, but since I knew I would be off today, I went and picked Austin up so we could spend time together today. I had told him that he needed to think of what he wanted to do, and as long as it was within reason, we would do it.

So here was some of our day...

Chuck E Cheese...would a mother/son day be complete without it?

He beat me in air hockey, but I beat him in skee ball, so I'm calling it even ;)

He wanted to do this massage chair, and he REALLY enjoyed all 3 minutes of it.

Yes. I let him talk me into photo booth pics. I am shameless.

Ice cream and Chick-fil-a...

As we were walking down the mall, we were holding hands and Austin looked and me and said, "it's kinda like we're on a date, huh momma?" I said, "yes, baby, it's a momma/Austin date." Then he said, "that's really special, isn't it mom? I just love you so much."

Oh my heart.

With school starting Monday, I'm so thankful that I didn't have to work today and had the opportunity to have this special day with my little man. And I'm thankful that my job at the school will allow me to see him regularly throughout the day during the school year. I know I don't have much longer before he'll be like Aaron, able to be gone for a week without even feeling the need to call and say 'hi'. We'll get Aaron back tonight so that we can go meet the 6th grade teachers and get his schedule for the year.

6th grade.

I'm not even ALMOST ready for this.

That will get it's own blog post if I can ever bring myself to admit that he's that old.

So you can expect this...NEVER.

Now I must go since Austin is dying for me to play video games with him. I'm horrible at these. This should be interesting...





No comments:

Post a Comment