Sunday, January 6, 2013

Christmas Wrap-Up

This Christmas break has been very different than those we've had in the past. But in a good way. Ten days before Christmas (which is when I usually begin to THINK about what to get everyone) we were already opening gifts from both sides of our family. Which makes for one very long day when you drive 45 minutes to your in-laws, then an hour to my parents, and from there another hour to get back home. It was a full day. It was a good day.

First my in-laws house...
This is all of the grandkids on this side of the family...Aaron, Brett, Brynne, and Austin.
I love the way my MIL decorates!
My Mother-in-law (Vickie) and Sis-in-law (Kristi)
Her tree was beautiful as always.

And then on to my parents...
My parents with all 7 of their grandkids. Getting them all together is a rare occurnace these days...
Austin got a race track like he had been wanting.
Me and my man
Love this pic of Aaron with his Uncle Craig and Aunt Kassie.
My mom got an ipad for Christmas. Her grandkids got it all set up for her!

On Thursday the 20th, Austin had his 1st grade Christmas party at school. The kids were all supposed to bring a book for a gift exchange. They did sort of a 'musical gift' game where they walked around the gifts and opened the one they were beside when the music stopped. Austin was the only child that opened something other than a book. There was a child that had brought Lego's instead, and that is what Austin opened. When that child realized that he was going to have to take a book home instead of he Lego's he brought, he became very upset. Austin saw this, felt bad for the child, and traded with him for the books. I was so proud of him for giving up something that he wanted for someone else's happiness. He is 7 years old and totally 'gets' sacrifice. I also learned that someone had accidentally spilled all of their skittles earlier that day, and Austin gave them his skittles so they wouldn't be sad (even though it is his favorite candy). Made this momma happy, happy, happy!
My little man at his desk
Austin with his teacher, Mrs. Gosdin.

On Thursday evening (still 5 days before Christmas), we opened all of the gifts that were under our tree. We did this early because on Friday morning we were leaving for a week long winter vacation in Colorado and would not be home for Christmas Day. All that was left was what Santa would leave while we were gone, and it would be several days AFTER Christmas when we would see that!

Santa did come while we were gone, but he only left one thing for the boys to share...

But I don't think they were disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment