Thursday, June 28, 2012

Kids Rooms

This week I am linking up with Kelly's Korner again and it is all about kid's rooms. I am also including pics of our gameroom since that is basically another kids room without the bed.

Up first, Aaron's bedroom. Aaron is 11 and is into hunting, so we decided to go for a cabin feel with his room.

I got some rustic looking, rough cut post oak very cheap from a local lumber company and we covered one wall with it for an accent wall. His bed is made of Aspen wood and we bought it in Canton.

We used parts of Robbie's grandmother's old tin fence to put tin all around the bottom of the other walls in the room. I love how some of it is rusty and since the tin is so old it just has a lot of character.

Austin is 6 years old and his room is completely different. He really wanted bunk beds, so we got some with drawers for a little more storage. His bedding is from Pottery Barn, and wall accents are from Hobby Lobby.

I went with a red color on the bottom part of his wall and a beige on top. The border is a metal diamond plating that is used on cars and trucks. We got it from a hardware store, and I think it's perfect for his car room.

This castle was given to him by some friends a few years ago and he still plays in it.

The next few pictures are of an open area above the pantry in our kitchen. For the time being, it is a place for all of our Geotrax train pieces. We started Austin's Geotrax collection about 4 years ago and it is still played with almost daily. If you are looking for a good train set for your child, this is my recommendation. We've had Thomas, but these tracks are easily assembled and disassembled by little hands and very very durable.

But you may need to build an extra room onto the house at some point...

This is our game room. This is where we have all of the kids gaming systems and a TV that is hooked up to all of them, plus kids books and games. The cabinets are made of maple and we had them painted white to contrast the blue/grey walls in there.

We also have an air hockey table in here, and above it is a framed puzzle that Robbie and I put together our first year of marriage...almost 15 years ago.

This is also the room where we keep our treadmill.

Our game room gets tons of use and I'm really glad that we have it for the kids to play in.

Hope y'all enjoyed the tour of our kids areas in our home! I also did posts on our master bedroom, kitchen, and living room this month, so feel free to look around!

3 comments:

  1. Great rooms for little boys. The rustic cabin room is fantastic for a little hunter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabin/hunting room is exactly what I have been wanting to do in my 9 year old's room! He loves to be outdoors hunting and fishing, or just exploring. I have been considering covering one wall in old barn lumber as an accent wall, and we have been pricing log beds. And I love the look of the old metal as a wainscot, so cute. Thanks so much for sharing his room, I have not found anything online that looks like it! :)

    Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That room is one of my favorite rooms in the house! It just has a cozy, cabin feel when you go in. The accent wall just sets the tone for the room and was well worth doing! I'd love to see pics of your room when it gets finished! Good luck!

      Delete