Saturday, February 18, 2012

Snow, Valentine's Day, and C25K

The bad thing about only posting once a week is that when I do finally sit down to blog I have already forgotten what happened 3 days ago. So I sit here for a few minutes looking at the screen trying to figure out what all we did this week. Which is really why I wanted to start blogging in the first place. If I can't remember what happened this week, I KNOW I can't remember what happened 3 weeks ago.

Monday morning started us out this week with snow on the ground. Not the kind of snow that you stay home from school for. Just the kind that makes things white enough that you can say it snowed.

I took this picture first thing in the morning because I knew it wouldn't last long.

And I was right.

On Tuesday, after the snow from the day before was already a distant memory, we celebrated Valentine's Day. I, personally, do not care much for Valentine's Day. Call me unsentimental, but to me it's a day that people spend entirely too much money on flowers that will die within a week and little chocolates that have some sort of nasty surprise in the middle.

No thank you.

I do not need 'things' to know someone loves me, and I don't need a specific date on a calendar to tell me what day I should tell someone I love them. I get that flowers and chocolates are some women's love language, but it's not mine. When Robbie starts doing the dishes or taking out the trash without being asked, THEN he is speaking my love language.

But I did help with Austin's class party at school and I did try to make dinner more special that evening by making chocolate covered strawberries and putting rose petals on the table. I did this because it has been exactly 15 years since Robbie took me out to eat at The Red Apple in Heber Springs and then took me to a little beach out there where he got down on one knee in the sand and asked me to marry him.

I thought that at least deserved some chocolate covered strawberries.

Wednesday was a big day for Austin because he finally lost his first tooth. It's been loose for a while but he hasn't let me touch it much because it hurt. As soon as church was over Wednesday night he came running up to me to show me his new hole in his gums. His teacher said he pulled it himself and was so excited when it came out that he thought he had swallowed it.

What is it about a kid with missing teeth that is so stinkin' cute?

Since we've been in this house I've done a lot better about cooking every night. It's no secret that cooking isn't my favorite thing, but I really don't seem to mind it as much in this house.

Or maybe I just know that since we now have house payments we can't go to Tamolly's every night like we've gotten used to. Yes, I think that may be it.

Anyway, we have some friends that have a chicken hotel in their back yard (have you ever seen a ceiling fan installed in a chicken coop?) and they have offered us some fresh eggs a few times. I thought that all eggs came out about the same size and they were all white. I now realize that I have been a little sheltered with my store-bought eggs. Apparently chickens lay their very own little Easter eggs and most of us just aren't aware of how colorful our eggs started out being.

I was impressed. And they're so good.

Yesterday was a holiday for the boys and Aaron woke up with a little fever so we just stayed in all day. We just changed our Internet provider which sped up how fast games move on the laptop, so most of the day was spent with the boys taking turns on the computer.

I had set 2 goals for this week. One was to get the trailer house cleaned out. The other was to start the couch to 5K. I'm happy to say that I just completed week one of the C25K. One week down, 8 to go. I did not, however, move anything out of the trailer this week. Maybe next week? Maybe not.

And since I've been a SAHM for 11 years now, this really stuck out to me when I saw it on facebook this week. I'm pretty sure I've heard all of these. Y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment