Saturday, December 3, 2011

Lots of House Pics

This post is for all of you that say I don't post enough pictures of the new house:

This is the built-ins in the game room. The kids will have their own TV in here for their gaming systems.

This is Aaron's room. We have one wall done in a rough oak and put some old tin (from Robbie's grandma's old fence) around the bottom of the other walls. The lighting was really bad when I took this pic, but I love this room.

This is the living room. There is a built-in place for our TV and a cabinet for my scrapbooks on either side.

This is the finished towel rack in the master bath. I love the stain on it and can't wait to roll up some pretty towels to put in it.

Robbie has his own (much needed) gun closet. Dennis Salisbury custom built the gun rack for Robbie's guns.

This is the laundry room. They have started staining the cabinets in here.

The Formica has been put on the laundry room counter tops. I have a desk in here that is just for scrapbooking, and another that is for a computer and paperwork. It is a very multi-functional room.

This is Austin's favorite thing. The laundry chute.

And another pic of the laundry chute...

This is some of cabinet doors that have been stained and are drying.

The biggest change in the past week has been the stairs being finished.

It's so hard to look in a book and pick out stair parts not knowing at all what it will look like when finished.

But I'm really happy with it.

And I know it will look even better after the painter's get the stair treads stained and the walls painted.



I've had several people ask me how far we live now from the new house. Well, Robbie found us on the google map and it was an updated picture, so here it is.  The new house is the biggest building in the picture and right behind that you can see a little bit of blue that looks a lot like the top of a railroad train car. That would be the house we're living in right now. So when I say we are just a few feet from the house we are building, I really mean it.

As far as when we will actually be moving into the house. Who knows? I've given up on trying to guess a date. All I can say is that we will be moving in after it is finished.

And that will be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment