Sunday, July 28, 2013

Gatlinburg, 2013

In June, the 4 of us took a family vacation to Gatlinburg, Tennessee with my parents, 2 brothers, 2 sisters-in law, 2 nephews, and 1 niece. We stayed in a 4 bedroom condo that had an indoor/outdoor waterpark. This is one of my boys favorite places to vacation because when we aren't doing something in town, there's always a waterpark to play in.
Gotta love a waterpark snack bar!
The pic on the left is my boys standing in about the same place, one year ago. Sigh...
Breakfast! I loved our condo and our nice big round table!
This pic was taken on our balcony on Father's Day. Love these 2 men.
 

We also spent quite a bit of time geocaching during this trip. We have been geocaching for a few years now, and it's something that we all like to do. If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can click here to see a post I did explaining what it is. Geocaches can be hidden anywhere, but most of the ones we found in Gatlinburg were in parking lot light posts.

We went to a few shows, one of which my dad was taken up on stage and sat there while 2 women sang the song 'Grandpa' to him. Let's just say I couldn't leave there that night until I had a DVD of the show in my hand. Good times.
Luke, Aaron, Brandon, Kaulyn, and Austin...ready for a show!
 
Before the show started, the kids got my phone and took about 125 pics of themselves.
 

We spent one day at Dollywood. Kind of like Hollywood, except not at all. I'm not really of fan of amusement parks because it is not the type of thing that I am 'amused' by in the least, but it was something that the kids really wanted to do, so we gave in. But the weather was perfect and it was nice to just spend the time together with no worries.
The ferris wheel. One of the few rides that doesn't nauseate me.
Craig, Rob, and Austin on the water ride.
 
Aaron, Kaulyn, and Austin. This rides makes me want to throw up just watching it.
 
Kaulyn, Kassie, and Aaron....thrill-seekers.
 
Craig, Kassie, Kaulyn, and Austin

On Tuesday, our group went up to Ashville to visit a mansion and also got to see Jennifer (who was working near there). Robbie and I stayed at the condo that day because I had a lot of school work I needed to get done. Robbie and I left on Thursday to come back home because he had to work Friday and I had class in Little Rock that Saturday, but the boys stayed up there a few days with my parents and got to go to Ripley's Believe It or Not and some sort of tomb that they also seemed to enjoy.
Why does he look 18!?
 

We love you, Gatlinburg....thanks for the memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment