Friday, March 22, 2013

10 Things I know for sure

Since today is my 37th birthday, I thought I would try to come up with 10 things I know for sure at this point in my life. That can be harder than you think it would be, but I think I've done it....

1. I know that God made Robbie and I for each other. We have been married for 15 years now, and I wouldn't want a do-over if I could get one. Sure, there are days that we don't like each other and some days are harder than others, but looking back on our marriage, I can only think of a small handful of major disagreements, and really can't remember what those were even about. I know that at the end of the day, he is my soft place to fall. He is my rock. He holds me together when I'm about to come undone, and I don't even want to imagine what my life would be without him as my husband.

2. My favorite way to drink water is in a room temperature water bottle. Cold water is too hard to swallow. When I'm at work, I usually have a bottle of water with me everywhere I go.

3. It took me years to figure this one out, but I NEED alone time. And I need it often. It is how I recharge. Without it I get stressed out, overwhelmed, and can't think clearly.

4. God loves me like CRAZY. He calls me 'beautiful' even on my ugliest day. Because I am aware of that, I love others more easily. It is not my job to judge anyone, but it is my job to love them.

5. Cooking is not an area that I enjoy or am gifted in.

6. Neither is small talk.

7. Listening to Christian music gives me peace and makes me happy. It makes my heart happy to hear my kids singing along to lyrics such as "you're worth more than gold", "no matter what, I'm gonna love you", and "He reigns". Really. It's just good for the soul.

8. Over the years, Robbie and I have collected way too much stuff. I'm really feeling that this week since we have cleaned out 2 of our storage areas. I don't even know where all of this stuff comes from or why we have it, and I feel guilty knowing that we have so much extra that we don't need when there are so many homeless that would do anything for just one more blanket to keep them warm.

9. It's important to me to have fun with my kids while I still have them here. I'm fully aware that these days will pass sooner than I'm ready for, so I want to savor every moment possible. Austin and I played outside together all day long earlier this week, and it was just perfection. When Aaron and I are alone in the car together, we like to turn the music up and sing. Loudly. It's the smallest things that I wouldn't trade for all the money in the world. 

10. Anyone can do anything they set their mind to with hard work. A few months ago, Austin would look at a book and not even attempt to read it because he would immediately get frustrated. He has struggled through 1st grade, but we both decided in January that he would read 200 books so we could get his reading level up. Today he finished that project 2 days before the deadline. It was not easy and took a lot of discipline (from BOTH of us), but we stuck with it, and I can tell a huge difference in his reading ability in just a little over a month.

So that's it...that's all I know. Y'all have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment