Friday, November 23, 2012

To Austin, on your 7th...

Austin Lane,
 
You're 7 years old today! I just can't believe that my baby isn't such a baby anymore. Today you are spending the day at Grandma's house with your cousins, but I hope one of them will read this post to you before the day is over. (hint hint, Kaulyn!)
Aaron, you, Kaulyn and Luke at the fair

Austin, I could not be more proud to be your mom. You have a heart of gold and a personality to match. You love everyone you meet within minutes of meeting them. You love to help anyone that needs it, and you pray for people that need prayers. To be as young as you are, you sympathize (I know, big word. Get Kaulyn to explain that one to you.) with people very well. We were at some friends house the other day and a little girl you had played with for hours got in trouble just before we left, and you said, "I feel bad for her, she's not having a very good day." And you were truly sad for her. That shows that you really care, and I pray that never changes in you.

I guess you thought Aaron could use a kiss right then.

Lane, Aaron, and you at the fair.

You also can be very happy for people when something good happens to them. Recently, one of the teachers at school got (and is in the process of adopting) twin boys. You were so excited for her, and you thanked God that night in your prayer that she got those babies. Made my eyes water that night! You always think about your day when you pray, and instead of asking for things, you thank God for the good things that happened. I love that about you.
You and I on western day at school.


Dippin Dots at SeaWorld in San Antonio

Missing front tooth...


One of my favorite things to do with you is our 'mommy and me' days. If daddy and Aaron are gone somewhere, you will plan a day for us. It usually involves Chuck E Cheese, the mall, going to the movies, etc...I love that one on one time with you. You tell me all the time that you want to marry me and just can't seem to understand that I'm already married to daddy and just can't do that. But you are about as persistent as your daddy is, so you seem to remind me of this at least once a week, just in case I've changed my mind about being married to daddy. But even though I will never marry you, I am honored to be your first love.

You begged me to put money in this massage chair at the mall on one of our 'mommy and me' days, and you enjoyed every second of it!

You love a fire in the fireplace.

Some of my favorite things that you're doing these days: You ask everyone how their day was, even if you were with them all day. You tell someone that you need to tell them a secret, and then you kiss them in the ear. You love playing in the sand at home, and could spend hours out there without realizing how much time has passed. You love to sing and dance. You know lots of songs and lots of different kinds of music, and you are a good little singer. You like to get to church early so you'll have time to go around and talk to everyone in the building before church starts. Our preacher even mentioned you in his talk the other day and said that he could always count on a hug from you (and I didn't even know that you did that!).
My little Harry Potter.


Petting dolpins at SeaWorld.

We were reading to Blake one night at their house. This was so sweet, and Blake loved it.

I really wish that there was a way that I could freeze you at this age. It's such a great age. There's still a lot of 'little boy' left in you that I know will be fading away within the next few years, but I just want to hold on to that. You have such a sweet and loving spirit, and I hope that never changes, no matter how old you get.
You love Bella.
Arms wide open...you in a nutshell :)

I hope that you always know that me and daddy love you so much and we are both so happy that you are part of our family...

even if I can't marry you. ;)

LOVE

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment